Brief biography of Nafiz Zaman Shuva
This is Nafiz Zaman Shuva from Bangladesh. I am the President of Bangladesh Association of Young Researchers (BAYR), (http://tigurl.org/egxexo), only youth research association in Bangladesh. I am also the Youth Action Ambassador and Vice President Asia region of Young People We Care (YPWC). I am working as Executive Director of Information Society Today (http://tigurl.org/pnyr8k), a voluntary organization promoting information related activities in Bangladesh. I am also the forum contact for National Forum on Information Literacy(USA)(http://tigurl.org/z33u5w).
Born in 1983 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I graduated from dept. of Information Science and Library Management, University of Dhaka in 2006 and current Masters student of the same department. I have 7 articles to my credit on different issues.I was the Convener of the programme of BAYR on Global Youth Services Day-2007. I was the programme co-ordinator of training programme on “Internet Fundamentals and Online Research Tools” hosted by BAYR and supported by British Council, Dhaka office.
I do believe that Youth can do any positive thing. Proper development of the society and country as whole is possible only through proper participation of the youth member of the society. I also believe that Youth can change our society very positively.
My research interest includes : 1) Information seeking behaviour
2) Information System development
3) Village development information system
4) Information and Communication Technology
5) Youth development
6) Women empowerment
1. Working as President, Bangladesh Association of Young Researchers (BAYR)(http://tigurl.org/egxexo).
2.Working as Forum Contact of National Forum on Information Literacy (USA)
3.Working as Executive Director of Information Society Today (http://tigurl.org/pnyr8k)
4.Working as Editorial Board Member of Library Student Journal (USA) http://tigurl.org/j8bpub
5. Working as Youth Action Ambassador and Vice President(Asia Region) of Young People We care
6. I was the Convener of International Youth Day -2007 observance committee of Bangladesh
7. Worked as Programme Co-coordinator and Trainer of BAYR training programme on Internet Fundamentals and Online Research tools from February 8 to February 22, 2007, supported by British Council, Dhaka office.
Membership : i. American Society for Information Science &
Technology (ASIS&T), (U.S.A)
ii. National Forum on Information Literacy, (U.S.A)
iii. Global Member – ISOC (U.S.A.)
iv. Global Youth Action Network (GYAN), (U.S.A)
v. Member- Emerald CIMPA (U.S.A.)
vi. Member- South Asia Foundation
vii. Bengal Library Association, Life Member, (India)
viii. Indian Association of Special Libraries & Information Centres,(IASLIC), Life Member, (India)
ix. Indian Library Association, Life Member
Forum Member : ICT of Bangladesh
Information Literacy Today
Library and Information Society
International Federation of Library and
Information Science Students
OCLC Forum (U.S.A)
Web Junction (U.S.A)
Skill : i) Language : Written and spoken English.
ii) IT Skill : Microsoft office ,Web design, Web hosting, CD authoring,
e-journals publishing , Bloging, Database design in
Research and publications :
1.Shuva , N.Z. (2003). Public libraries in Bangladesh. PULMAN express , October(1), 8-
2. Shuva, N.Z. (2005). Implementing information and communication technology in public libraries of Bangladesh , in International Information & Library Review, Volume 37, Issue 3,
3.Shuva, N.Z. (2005). Information literacy : Bangladesh perspective. Available at www.infosciencetoday.org/786infolit.pdf
4.Shuva, N.Z. (2004). History of library association of Bangladesh. Available at www.infosciencetoday.org
5. Shuva, N.Z. ( 2005). Information science today.[Bangla] CNEWS, August, 43-44. Dhaka.
6.Shuva, N.Z. ( 2005).Use of technology in libraries of Bangladesh. [Bangla] CNEWS, August, 43-44. Dhaka.
1. CIVICUS World Assembly -2007 on Acting Together for a Just World at LOCH SUITE – GLASGOW SECC, Scotland, from May 25, 2007 to May 27, 2007.
2. First CIVICUS Youth Assembly -2007 on Accountability to Future Generations, LOCH SUITE – GLASGOW SECC, Scotland, from May 23, 2007 to May 24, 2007.
3. CALIBER-2003, First International Convention on Mapping Technology On Libraries and People hosted by Nirma Education and Research Foundation at their campus in Ahmedabad, India during February 13-15, 2003
4.International Conference on Role of libraries for the development of Human Resources, Rajshahi, 2003.
Tutorial : Took tutorial on ‘Developing Digital Collections’ hosted by Nirma Education and Research Foundation at their campus in Ahmedabad, India.
Achievement and Awards Received:
1. Dean’s Merit Scholarship (2001-2002) given by Faculty of Arts , University of Dhaka
2. American Society for Information Science & Technology International Paper Contest 2004 award
Personal information :
Father’s Name : M.A. Hamiduzzaman
Mother’s Name : Saleha Sultana Brief biography of Nafiz Zaman Shuva
This is Nafiz Zaman Shuva from Bangladesh. I am the President of Bangladesh Association of Young Researchers (BAYR), (http://tigurl.org/egxexo), only youth research association in Bangladesh. I am also the... (more)
English, Bengali; Bangla
This is a space for Nafiz to share inspiration, information, and opportunities for involvement with global impact.