Lufeyo, is also the Executive Director for Youth Anti-AIDS Network (YAN). YAN is a non-profit making youth NGO that was formed in the year 2002 in February. The network was formed out of the need to reach out to schools on HIV/AIDS, STI’s and TB education and traces it’s origin upon realization by the young people of Kitwe district that fighting HIV/AIDS and other related opportunistic infections by then called for concerted efforts from the young people in schools and all sectors of the society. The young people are seen to be the modest channel of sending the message of prevention, advocacy and mitigation.
YAN is a youth led organisation that is working together with other youth organisations and individuals in the fight against the fast spread of HIV/AIDS on the Copperbelt in particular and Zambia in general in carrying out HIV/AIDS preventive activities and has contributed in putting up mitigating factors on the impact of vulnerable groups such as the youths and children.
YAN envisions “creating an HIV/AIDS free environment for the youth in Zambia.” With a mission of networking and collaborating with other youth organizations and the community to stop the further spread of HIV and other preventable diseases and to develop and enhance youth values and life skills through awareness raising, advocacy and training.
Being propelled by two (2) goals a programmatic and an organizational goals. Programmatic Goal “To enable youths to form and maintain behaviours that deter the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other preventable diseases
Organizational Goal “To enhance the skills and capacity of YAN in order to provide a quality service to the youths and the community”
With the main objective of strengthening the involvement of the youth in the prevention and mitigation of HIV/AIDS and other health matters facing the youth
YAN is built on three value statements, commitment, accountability and transparency.
The key targets for YAN activities are the IN school youth who are more vulnerable to be infected by HIV.
My dream is to obtain a Masters Project Planning and Management/Developmental Studies and Social Work/Economics.
I have been trained and capacity built in the area of;
1. HIV/AIDS Peer Education
2. Stepping Stones
3. Basic Child Counselling
4. Organisational Management
5. Strategic Planning
6. Resource Mobilization
7. Financial Management
8. DOTS Treatment Supporter
9. Financial Planning & Budgeting
10. Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
11. NGO networking.
1. Good Communication skills
2. Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Access and powerpoint)
Currently Executive Director: Youth Anti-AIDS Network (YAN)
Currently National Focal Point (NFP)
Zambia: Global Coalition on HIV and AIDS.
Vice Secretary: Zambia National Aids Network (ZNAN) provincial committee.
Committee Member: Kitwe World AIDS Day preparations Committee.
Youth Chairperson: Kitwe District AIDS Tasks Force (DATF) Member.
Chairperson: Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS
Team Leader: Training of HIV/AIDS Peer Educators in high and basic school for USAID under Chanages2 Program Copperbelt and North Western Province.
Team Leader: Copperbelt Health Education Project (CHEP) HIV/AIDS Peer Educators.
Local and international Conferences & Meetings attended.
1. Positive Living Conference organized by CARE International and was held in Lusaka, Zambia.
2. Zambia National Aids Network (ZNAN) National Congress organized ZNAN with funding from international donors held in Lusaka, Zambia.
3. Zambia National AIDS Network (ZNAN) HIV/AIDS Conference in Lusaka, Zambia.
4. Copperbelt Health Education Project (CHEP) Annual General Meetings held at CHEP premises every year in the Kitwe, Zambia.
5. District Aids Task Force (DATF) Quarterly Meetings held in Kitwe, Zambia.
6. TB Conference for partners to show case activities being conducting to combat TB at individual and community level organized by CHEP and held at CHEP Training and Resource Centre in Kitwe, Zambia.
7. International HIV/AIDS Alliance Partners Exhibition held in Kitwe and Lusaka, Zambia.
8. Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS Stakeholders Conference held in South Africa.
9. Southern African Network of AIDS Service Organizations’ (SANASO) Annual General Meeting held in Gaborone, Botswana.
10. 7th Youth For Human Rights International Summit held in Geneva, Switzerland.
This map requires Flash Player 8 or higher.
Click here to get the latest Flash Player.
1 TIGblog entries
1,742 TIG profile views