* I'm working as a scientific researcher at various academic instituions, i.e the ICT&S Center at the University of Salzburg, Austria [http://www.icts.sbg.ac.at], especially on the exchange of knowledge, skills and culture that lead to an Integrated Information Society (as in the WSIS Plan of Action).
* Furthermore, I'm supporting the World Summit Award [http://www.wsis-award.org] in international partnership activities and am honored to be the Information Society Representative at United Nations Youth & Student Association of Austria [http://www.afa.at]
* Prior to my affiliation to the ICT&S center, I was working as an independent researcher and consultant. One of my main clients was the International Network for Terminology (TermNet), based in Vienna [http://www.termnet.at]. There I was working on internationalization and localization of e-content - which means to use electronic content for multi-lingual and multi-cultural target markets.
* My professional core competences:
- e-society and e-inclusion
- e-content and localization
- e-business and start-ups
- e-government and e-democracy
- knowledge management
- cross cultural management
- corporate social responsibility and corporate citizenship
- networking, presentations and trainings
* My educational cornerstones:
- Commercial apprenticeship in computers and media
- Master's degree in Socio-Economics (majors: IT, organization, development and policy issues)
Thesis: "Digital Divide or Digital Opportunity?" : Internet-Competence as a core criteria for self-determination, competition, and employment in international comparison (2001)
- PhD student in Social and Economic Sciences (since 2002)
Thesis: "Aspects of the Information Society in the Asia-Pacific Region" (working title)
* Active Memberships (in addition to listed):
- Austrian Computer Society
- ITBeurope (IT Business & Research in Europe)
- Pro Scientia (young outstanding scientists fellowship of Austria, alumnus)
* What else I like to deal with:
- Advocating an Information Society for All
- Scientific knowledge exchange
- Information brokerage
- Global issues, international relations and diplomacy
- Human rights issues
- Political economy
- Cultural diversity and understanding
- Respectful travel
- Science fiction, fantasy and computer animation movies
- Playing the tourists' guide for my international guests ;-)
* BTW, I signed the following pledge of Student Pugwash when I was doing research for my Master's thesis in the USA:
"I promise to work for a better world, where science and technology are used in socially responsible ways. I will not use my education for any purpose intended to harm human beings or the environment. Throughout my career, I will consider the ethical implications of my work before I take action. While the demands placed upon me may be great, I sign this declaration because I recognize that individual responsibility is the first step on the path to peace."
You can sign it too: http://www.spusa.org/
This map requires Flash Player 8 or higher.
Click here to get the latest Flash Player.