Keywords: Technology, Solution, Architect, Evangelist, Research, UML, BPML, AJAX, GWT, SCJP, .NET, Java, Mozilla, XUL, RDF, XML, Pro*C, Oracle, SharePoint, UCC, ECM, BI, EPM, PPM, Microsoft Office 2007 System, RADIUS, Telecom Billing, Kenan Prepaid, Internet Marketing, Emerging Technology, BPIO, Core IO, APIO, Software usability, Knowledge Management, Organization Culture, Change Management, Public Speaking, Facilitation, Catalyst.
Business Analyst at Reliance Communications [May 2007—Till Date]
Responsible for design and integration of telecom solutions for enterprise clients in association with the product teams:
• Understanding the PDD (Product Definition Document)
• Translating the PDD into BRS (Business Requirement Study) document for the development teams.
• Ownership, release, and maintenance of the BRS documents.
• Conceptualizing and designing business processes, IT Systems, Integration Matrix, and related documentation.
• Successful delivery of first BRS within the first week of joining.
• Portal design for delivering Managed Network Services.
Independent IT Consultant [February 2007—May 2007]
Involved in consulting assignments which include:
• Interfacing with the clients to design, develop, and document system functionality study.
• Scheduling and setting-up development teams for various IT projects.
• Development and delivery of IT training, Knowledge dissemination, and setting up of SharePoint incubator.
• Short listing of candidates for various IT openings based on clients’ requirements.
• Designing communication for online and offline marketing initiatives for IT companies.
• Guidance and direction to development teams working on emerging technologies.
Sr. Solutions Exec/Tech. Evangelist at Advaiya Solutions [October 2006—February 2007]
Responsible for evangelizing technology and proposing technology solutions to address business problems:
• Designing and delivering seminars across International locations and evangelizing technology.
• Interacting with International clients to propose technology solutions and devise a rollout plan.
• Working closely with the development team to offer cutting edge solutions with emerging technology.
• Proposing technology solutions built around capabilities—Unified Communication and Collaboration, Enterprise Project Management, Enterprise Content Management, and Business Intelligence.
• Address cultural and adoption issues with the rollout plan and change management.
• Successful delivery of seminars on BPIO across various international venues.
• Successful design and delivery of seminar on Project Portfolio Management.
• Successful design of optimization model for Enterprise Project Management.
• Internalization of Microsoft Office 2007 System technologies within a short span of time.
Business Analyst at EliteCore Technologies Ltd. [August 2006—October 2006]
Responsible for managing requirements for Java based RADIUS (AAA) & Billing software products:
• Studying RFCs to outline development requirements and roadmap for the product.
• Coordinating between client servicing and development (technical) teams.
• Executing the role of a technology evangelist and figuring out ways of leveraging technology for business gains.
• Successful delivery and validation of two telecom projects within the first month of joining.
• Successful integration of our RADIUS server with KENAN prepaid system.
Business Analyst at AcTax Solutions [Nov 2005—August 2006]
Responsible for managing requirements for Java based tax and accounting software products:
• Strategizing, planning, and executing online marketing campaigns.
• Process design and transition.
• Managing four product development teams (Java desktop products for US accounting and taxation), telemarketing team, and web marketing team.
• Managing key accounts and interacting with high-worth clients directly.
• New system/sub system requirement gathering, design, and integration planning.
• Enhancements and integration design for the existing desktop and online software.
• Managing Web-marketing and marketing content development teams.
• Successful mail campaigns for generating interest from target group.
• Setting up of a reporting and accountability mechanism for the product development teams.
• Successful planning for development of 24 states e-filing for the professional tax preparation software.
• Significant improvement in the level of client satisfaction in terms of service and response.
• Integration and activation of Avaya phones which has helped in reducing the communication costs.
Business Developer (Presales) at Indusa Technical Corporation [Dec 2004—Nov 2005]
Responsible for proposing technology solutions to clients.
• Business Development: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for the company website. Internet marketing campaign management.
• Project Scoping: Defining system boundary and detailing various business processes. Study of the existing system and collection of requirements to re/design a solution. Project size estimation, scheduling, and pricing.
• Proposal Drafting: Working in close interaction with the development team in order to arrive at reliable effort estimate in terms of man-hours and scheduling the project. Formally proposing technology solution for the business problem to the client.
• Client Servicing: Bridging gap between the client and the development team. Tracking project progress through established milestones and deliverables.
• Technical research: Working on technology consultancy assignments for clients. Study of new and emerging open-source technologies. Working on various quality related documents and re/design of quality processes. Writing White Papers.
• A 70% hit rate on drafted proposals.
• Successfully secured projects worth more than US$100,000.
• Secured a challenging project, executed on Mozilla Framework (emerging technology).
• Successful Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and administration of Google ad campaign for Indusa website resulting in 50% increase in leads and hits.
Research Associate (Knowledge Management & IT) at MICA (Mudra) [May 2003—Dec 2004]
Responsible for assisting MICA in building its intellectual capital.
• Knowledge Management: Digitization of intellectual content generated at MICA. Evaluation of various software alternatives (opensource as well as proprietary) for facilitating creation and management of content. Study of cultural aspects related to acceptance of KM initiatives. Championing KM initiatives.
• Academic Research: Writing research papers and white papers on subjects related to knowledge management, information technology, marketing, and media.
• Webmaster: Managing the MICA website and handling other IT initiatives at MICA, including online advertising.
• Classroom Teaching: Post-graduate students on subjects related to IT Strategy Implementation, Multimedia Design, Management, Marketing/Strategy Simulation Games, Advertising, Media, and Communication.
• Training Management: Managing training program of interns doing their training in the IT department.
• Study of KM initiatives in various educational institutes.
• Initiation of hybrid teaching methodology for selected courses.
• Digitization of existing course content.
• Taking the library online.
Trainee Software Development at Space Application Centre, DOS, ISRO [March 2001 to September 2001]
Responsible for developing database solutions for satellite images using Pro*C and Oracle. The software was used for the Technology Experimental Satellite launched in the year 2001.
Have a consolidated pre-masters experience of over 2 years with various ITES companies.
Service Oriented Architecture and the Relevance of Design, A Comparison of Web Tracking Tools, Envisioning Broadband as mass medium, Simulation as a teaching methodology with special reference to Brand Management, Knowledge Management in Educational Institutions, Marketing new technologies with special reference to Biotechnology, “Destination Markets” (Page 32-35) USP AGE (April 2004) Vol1 (6), “Commercialization of innovations in Global Village” presented at EU India Cross-Cultural Inno. Network Project.
Marketing strategy simulation games, Integrated Marketing Communications, Business Productivity Infrastructure Optimization, Project Portfolio Management
MBA (Marketing) (2001-2003) from NR-IBM [B+], PGDIT (Programming Languages) (1999-2001) from GLS-IIT [71%], BA (Services Management) (1996-1999) from IIHM [69%], Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform from Sun (SCJP), Certificate in computing skills for the Hospitality Industry from NIIT (1998-99).
Group/solo adventure riding/touring and nature photography. Microsoft Office System, Google API, GWT Toolkit, RADIUS, SNMP
This map requires Flash Player 8 or higher.
Click here to get the latest Flash Player.
1,447 TIG profile views