Youth Crime Watch of Nigeria was established due to crime in schools and community, improper dressing that leads to raping, dangerous driving among the youths and also violence acts in the environment
WHAT IS YCW?
Youth Crime Watch is a youth-led Organization that represents the School, the Community and you. It is a ′positive gang′ or family that changes the mood of the school and community. YCW is a force working to make schools and communities crime-free, drug-free and violence-free. Youth Crime Watch is not just a program. It's a philosophy of ′watching out, helping out′, positive peer pressure, respecting people, taking responsibility for one's own surroundings and just plain good citizenship.
MISSION OF YCW:
To create a crime-free, drug-free and violence-free environment through a youth-led movement.
1. To provide crime-free, drug-free, violence-free school and community environments for learning and living.
2. To instill positive values, foster good citizenship and build self-confidence in our young people.
3. To enable youth to become resources for preventing crime, drug use and violence in their schools and neighbourhoods.
The key components of YCW are the fundamental building blocks for the program.
1. CRIME REPORTING AND COMMUNICATIONS - A crime reporting system that allows individuals to report (usually confidentially) information linked to suspicious or criminal activities and other violations defined by their local organization to adults who take on the responsibility for taking appropriate action.
2. YOUTH PATROLS - Youth Patrols encourage crime prevention by patrolling designated areas to report suspicious or criminal activities and other violations. They help identify and provide early warnings of real threats provide a visible example of leadership and are a deterrent to wrongful activity. (NON-CONFRONTATION IS ESSENTIAL).
3. CRIME, DRUG AND VIOLENCE PREVENTION EDUCATION - Crime, Drug and Violence Prevention Education is formal or informal training that addresses the facts and consequences that accompany crime, drugs and violence in your life and teaches prevention methods in an effort to change attitudes, knowledge, and behaviours in you and your community.
4. MENTORING - Mentoring brings together a carefully selected mentor with a mentored person, a mentee, to achieve common goals by building a one-to-one relationship or partnership that focuses on the needs and development of the mentored person.
5. CONFLICT RESOLUTION - Conflict Resolution gives you as an individual the rules for maintaining positive relationships and methods for peaceful problem solving that help you use your conflicts to learn, think and understand better.
6. MEDIATION - Mediation provides improved conflict resolution between individuals by including trained and neutral mediators to assist them in developing their own mutual solutions.
7. PEER AND CROSS-AGE TEACHING - Peer and Cross-Age Teaching provides you the training and resources necessary for you to begin sharing your knowledge and skills with youth and adults of all ages, often more effectively than formal teaching.
8. ACTION PROJECTS - The Action Project component of YCW provides the opportunity for youth to design and execute any kind of project to address the safety concerns of the school and community.
Youth Crime Watch is based on the belief that safety and security of the school or community is the responsibility of everyone.
BENEFITS OF YOUTH CRIME WATCH
Helps them stay safer.
Increases self-esteem and confidence.
Improves leadership and Organizational skills.
Increases sense of accountability and motivation.
Enables them to learn to teach others.
Gains program development and management skills.
Develops closer bonds with school and community.
Reduces violence, drug, and crime.
Offers cost-effective strategies to improve school climate.
Promotes safe and productive learning environment
Strengthens school commitment and spirit
Provides skill-based opportunities for learning and development.
For Law Enforcement Officers
Provides early warning of possible crime problems
Fosters skills and attitudes that deter crime.
Promotes safe and anonymous crime reporting.
Strengthens youth-police relationships.
Increase coverage through patrols and crime reporting at little or no cost.
Harness additional volunteers for community improvement.
Establishes that youth can be part of the solution to community problems.
Taps energy and enthusiasm of youth as a community assest.
Builds good citizenship attitudes and behaviours.
Enhances quality of life for all community residents.
* You Make The Difference - Let your voice be heard the future generations.
* Change Your World - Computer Training programme for secondary school students.
* Lend A Hand - a professional and community based program.
* Ghost Out - Say No To Smoking and human trafficking.
* Youth Vision 2010 - A youth initiatives program.
St. Teresa's College, Oke-Ado, Ibadan.
Calvary International College, Ganiyu Bello, Felele, Ibadan.
George & Duke International College, Felele Straight, Ibadan.
Oke-Ado Comprehensive High School, Joyce B Road, Ring Road Area, Ibadan.
Wesley College, Ibadan.
Onireke High School, Ibadan
Bola Immaculate Group of School, Orita Challenge, Ibadan.
Ikolaba High School, Bodija, Ibadan.
* National Youth Council of Nigeria (Oyo State)
* TakingItGlobal (TIG) - Canada
* Felele Youth Community Development Association.
* NETAID Organization - online member - USA
* Nation Builders Organization - Ijebu Ode
* Comforters' Youth Fellowship - ANEC
* YEES Aremu - Oyo State
* Youth Development Council, Oyo State
For more information contact:
Youth Crime Watch of Nigeria
S7/1294A Felele Straight, Lam Adesina Close,
Ige Olakulehin Street, Opposite Akamo Ologunehin Building,
Felele Straight, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
Tel. No. - +2348034295071, 8023518903,
G. P. O. Box 18827, Dugbe, Ibadan, Oyo 200001, Nigeria.
Youth Crime Watch of America
9300 South Dadeland Boulevard,
Miami, FL 33156 USA.
305 - 670 - 2409
Casey Adeleye 'Gbenga
Youth Crime Watch of Nigeria
This map requires Flash Player 8 or higher.
Click here to get the latest Flash Player.
2 Discussion Board threads and posts
6,611 TIG profile views