What’s Up Youth is a non for profit network, which communicates through its portal (http://www.wupy.org), which offers a maximum of information active youth may need to exceed, develop their capacities, and help their communities. Thus, WUPY gives a variety of free and practical services in one click for youth all around the world.
The WUPY team noticed through its longue years of work with youth that youngsters mainly need valid information about the offered opportunities which target them. Therefore, WUPY presents itself as a bridge between active and curious youth and the information they may need to develop their capacities and fulfill their dreams.Nowadays, youth mostly use new information and communication technologies, especially Internet, to search for resources and establish contacts worldwide. That’s precisely why we have chosen Internet to be our mean to communicate to youngsters the relevant information to their particular interests.
WHY IT CAN WORK?
- A high demand among active youth and curious youth of information about opportunities, events, funders, actives and resources.
- A low competition in the field, as there is no specialized daily updated portal specialized only on youth opportunities and services, and the few portals which already exist are weak and don’t provide a complete and massive flow of information.
- An important amount of useful youth-oriented information wasted everyday through classical means of communication, which can be canalized through one common medium in one fixed address.
In WUPY, we target primarily active youth, whether youth leaders, youth workers, youth activists, or talented youth from the age of 13 to 35 years old, who desire to find opportunities and resources related to their activities or field of action.WUPY doesn’t target only active youth, but it also aims to inspire a number of curious youth to make their first step towards building their capacities or exploring their hidden talents.
We are a dedicated youth-led team, which has a great deal of experience in working with and for youth and help them reach the highest level of self fulfillment. The WUPY team assures a daily update of the portal content, by collecting through all possible means the useful and trustworthy information and resources youth may need in their road to success.Our mission is to give youth all around the world the three keys to realize their objectives in serving their communities and exploring their inner energies and talents: Information, funds, and skills.WUPY ensures that the information youth gets from our portal is reliable, through a process of verification of the sources and double checking. Our team is also open to answer questions and to guide the visitors or our website for an optimal usage of our services.
- Building an online community which has a common capital of useful and trustworthy information to share with each other.
- Collecting a maximum of useful and reliable information youth may need in their activities in one free and accessible portal.
- Developing the capacities of youth worldwide, contributing in building their skills and reactivity, and inspiring them to get involved in the process of change.
- Informing both active youth and curious youth about the opportunities they have, the events which may interest them, the success stories and best practices of other youth groups, as well as the funders which can support their projects and dreams.
- Assembling a complete and opened database about all the aspects and actors of youth work and resources related to this field, which can help youth network on a global scale with all involved parties.
THE WUPY CONCEPT
The WUPY formula is very simple: collecting a maximum of useful and valid youth-oriented information on opportunities, events, active groups, funders, and resources, and putting it in one free and accessible international portal.The first service we offer is to put together a maximum of opportunities which may concern youth like: scholarships, grants, competitions, prizes etc. These opportunities are introduced in a youth-thought easy way, presenting the descriptions, deadlines, and sometimes even giving external links and downloadable forms.What’s Up Youth, also gives a detailed agenda of a maximum of important youth events like: workshops, seminars, forums, jams, etc. The events are presented with simplified guidelines about how to apply and descriptive paragraphs for a better understanding of the nature of each event.Moreover, WUPY helps youth in networking and learning about and from the success stories, the best practices and the innovative projects of other youth around the world, by offering a rich database of involved youth groups, whether NGOs, initiatives, organizations, or other forms of actors working in the field.Because youth dreams and projects need to be supported, assisted, and funded, WUPY suggests a growing list of national, regional, and international funders of community youth work or personal projects.Sometimes, youth may need more than funds to succeed. They need technical knowledge and practical skills to achieve their objectives, explore new horizons, or to build new capacities. WUPY thought about that, and offers a variety of resources for youth through its portal, by providing online downloadable tool-kits, manuals and diverse publications.The WUPY portal is also: a personalized account, up-to-date news, polls on youth issues and more!