The Ndola Resource Centre is a community based Youth and Women Organisation that is registered with The National Youth Development Council as a Youth Organisation.
The organization aims at empowering and imparting its target group (youths and women) with relevant skills and information that are not only useful for self-sustenance but could also provide them with opportunities to be employed and earn a living. The most prominent aspect of the activities conducted at the centre is the incorporation and integration of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). It endeavours in addressing constraints in various sectors of development with the incorporation and integration of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for instance situations on how best Information and Communication Technology (ICT) can be used in Youth and agriculture, in skills development, in health, in environmental issues, in school etc. It should be noted that ICTs if well planned and harnessed have the ability to bridge the digital divide and accelerate the rate of growth of economic groups that have been traditionally marginalised. Part of our goals is to help establish an electronic governance system that will help the relevant authorities to monitor and regulate all youth and women organisation in this region and possibly the nation.
To provide quality skills training to Youths and women including organisations that focus on the welfare of youths and women that will meet the demands of the modern corporate world and also to help bridge the digital divide and enhance access and dissemination of information.
A knowledgeable and skilled community consisting of youths and women that will either get employment or run independent businesses and compete favourably with the developing world.
Below are the objectives of the organisation:
• To provide a number of skill training such as carpentry, information and Communication Technology (ICT) pottery and ceramics, agriculture etc
• To assist in bridging the digital divide between rural and urban areas and also the international community
• To provide community information needs and enhance national integration
• To disseminate information to the community especially in areas of health, e-governance, environment, agriculture and e-commerce
• To encourage and support the integration of ICTs in various business and social activities
• To harness the use of ICTs as a tool for economic development and sustenance.
• To explore the potential of ICTs in Rural Development and Agriculture
• To foster communication and productive collaboration between youths, women and the general community
• To raise awareness among young people of the critical role they have in the development of the African continent, generating inspiration, perspective and manpower for the innovative projects and diverse career goals of the youth
• To facilitate African development through defining and practicing various leadership skills that will help young people address pertinent issues and challenges facing them, as identified in the African Youth Charter
• To encourage young people to use this organization as a platform to identify various ideals and methodologies to use in articulating their vision to become leaders in various sectors affecting Africa
• to encourage women’s public expression and access professional careers that have been male preserved
• to promote and support business incubatory projects and provide micro credit finance
• to collect subsidized farm inputs from the government on behalf of its members
This map requires Flash Player 8 or higher.
Click here to get the latest Flash Player.
1,544 TIG profile views